Press Reviews - Abroad
01. "Debashish Bhattacharya enthrals with his customised slide guitar ."
- http://www.indianlink.com.au/, Posted March 23, 2016 / by Royston Rebello
02. "Debashish Bhattacharya: Slide Guitar Ragas from Dawn Till Dusk review - from tranquil to exhilarating ."
- theguardian.com, 2nd April, 2015.
03. "Sydney Festival 2015 Reviews - www.abc.net.au and www.rhythms.com.au."
- by Kate Hennessy and Seth Jordan, January, 2015.
04. "Sydney Festival 2015 - Debashish Bhattacharya @ City Recital Hall."
- by Mark Pigott, Posted on January 18, 2015, Reviews by SYDNEY ARTS GUIDE.
05. "Top of the World: Debashish Bhattacharya - Beyond the Ragasphere."
- by Rolf Killius, Posted on June 2nd, 2013, Reviews by Songlines Magazine.
06. "MUSIC REVIEW: Debashish Bhattacharya, The Indian guitar virtuoso dazzles in Belfast."
- By Joe Nawaz, 12/10/2010, CultureNorthernireland.org.
07. "Debashish Bhattacharya: O Shakuntala! (Riverboat)."
- By Robin Denselow, The Guardian, Friday 17 July 2009.
08. "Debashish Bhattacharya Calcutta Chronicles: Indian Slide Guitar Odyssey Review."
You can almost see his fingers sliding over the strings as he teases exquisite,...
- By Jon Lusk 2008, BBC Review.
09. "Using the centuries-old raga tradition, Bhattacharya takes the listener to a place of deep emotional expression beyond the boundaries of time."
- by Henry Kaiser , ACOUSTIC GUITAR MAGAZINE, USA AUGUST 2005.
10. "3: Calcutta Slide-Guitar" - Reviews.
- by Derek Beres, Sing Out! The Folk Song Magazine, USA, Fall, 2005
011. SONGLINES TOP OF THE WORLD COMPILATION CD
- World Music Top 10 Chart for the Month of May and June 2005 )
12. Fantastic playing from the king of the sub continental
- 'reviews Asia ' SONGLINES TOP OF THE WORLD [ May and June 2005 ]
13. fROOTS TOP 10 Play List .
14. "Debashish Bhattacharya's Spellbinding Slide"
- Interview in Guitar Player, USA, JULY 2005, by Andy Ellis
15. Debashish Bhattacharya- Beyond Boundaries (Interview ) 17-05-2005, Abstractlogix .
16. Globalisation : a plucking good time (Interview )
- THE EDGE DAILY Malayasia, Oct 02, 2005. By - Nantha Kumar
17. "using a three-finger picking technique that allows Bhattacharya to play extra ordinarily complex and nuanced microtonal slide runs with breathtaking speed, accuracy and beauty".
- CALCUTTA SLIDE GUITAR 3- Review in Guitar Player, USA July 05. By -Barry Cleveland
18. Calcutta Slide Guitar 3 - By Robert R. Calder [ Amazon.com ]
- Calcutta Slide-Guitar, Vol.3 - PopMatters Music Review.
19. It is a milestone in musically nutritious improvised music in 2005 - Ken Hunt
- Calcutta Slide Guitar 3 - Reviews in JazzWise, UK. MAY 2005.
20. Top musician slides in to thrill with sound mix. (Concert Reviews),
- Malden Standard & Burnham, UK, May 12, 2005.
21. CD's of the Week, Evening Standard, London, UK, 6th May 2005.
22. Calcutta Connection. By Andrew Lindsey,
- EAST ANGLIAN, Daily Times. 30th April 2005. CLASSICAL WITH ANDREW LINDSLEY
23. ASIAN PROVOCATEUR (Calcutta Slide Guitar 3, Review),
- Big Issue in the North, UK, 18th April 2005.
24. Calcutta Slide Guitar 3 (Reviews) - by Nigel Williamson, The Times UK, 16th April 2005.
25. "This is the Sound of Globalization" - by Jon Parelels,
- New York Times USA 15th April 2005.
26. "Debashish Bhattacharya brings together a thousand-year tradition of Indian music to produce an exhilarating and unique experience."
- By New Classics, Best CD reviews, UK WORLD & ROOTS MUSIC
27. "Guitar Hero" Limelight Magazine, by- Jaslyn Hall, Australia, July 2005.
28. "Calcutta Slide Guitar-3", reviews. SEATTLE WEEKLY MUSIC, USA 18 to 24th May 2005.
29. " ..not to mention the fluency of his playing - makes for rewarding listening"
- The Daily Telegraph UK, 23rd April 2005
30. 3:Calcutta Slide Guitar - By- Graham Reid, New Zealand Herald, 22nd May 2005.