IGN NORTH AMERICA TOUR 2017
Jan & Feb 2017, International Guitar Night presenting Debashish Bhattacharya and Brian Gore with Luca Stricagnoli and Chrystian Dozza.
International Guitar Night 2017 - Debashish Bhattacharya live on Global BC TV!
IGN - JANUARY 2017
- 19th, Shell Theatre, Ft. Saskatchewan AB, Canada.
- 20th, MacLab Centre for the Performing Arts, Leduc AB, Canada.
- 21st, Bert Church Theatre, Airdrie AB, Canada.
- 22nd, Port Theater, Nanaimo BC, Canada.
- 26th, Whistler Performing Arts Center, Whistler BC, Canada.
- 27th, Cowichan Theatre, Duncan BC, Canada.
- 28th, Massey Theatre, New Westminster BC, Canada.
- 29th, University of Victoria, Victoria BC, Canada.
- 31st, Manship Theatre, Baton Rouge LA, USA.
IGN - FEBRUARY 2017
- 1st, Wolf Trap Barns, Vienna VA, USA.
- 2nd, Wolf Trap Barns, Vienna VA, USA.
- 3rd, Calvary Church, Philadelphia PA, USA.
- 4th, Gordon Center, Owings Mills MD, USA.
- 7th, Sellersville Theatre, Sellersville PA, USA.
- 8th, Troy Savings Bank Music Hall, Troy NY, USA.
- 10th, Dana Center, Manchester NH, USA.
- 11th, The Center for Arts, Natick MA, USA.
- 14th, Sun Valley Center for the Arts, Sun Valley ID, USA.
- 15th, Ellen Theatre, Bozeman MT, USA.
- 16th, Myrna Loy Center, Helena MT, USA.
- 17th, Harris Center, Folsom CA, USA.
- 18th, Herbst Theatre, San Francisco CA, USA.
- 19th, Bankhead Theatre, Livermore CA, USA.
- 22nd, California Center for the Arts, Escondido CA, USA.
- 23rd, Bing Crosby Theatre, Spokane WA, USA.
- 24th, Mount Baker Theatre, Bellingham WA, USA.
- 25th, Kent Meridien Performing Arts Center, Kent WA, USA.
- 26th, Warren Miller Performing Arts Center, Big Sky MT, USA.
Dates available at firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 15th, 2017, Concert at Ali Akbar College of Music (AACM), San Rafael, CA, USA.
- May 19th, 2017, All Day Raga, New York, USA.
- May 28th, 2017, Sai Symphony at WUppertal, Germany.
Recent completed Concerts - 2017
- January 13th, 2017, Concert at Dakshine Kolkata, India.
- January 14th, 2017, 'Calcutta Chronicles' Concert at Srirampur Kalyan Samity Ground, Garia, Kolkata, India.
Recent completed Concerts - 2016
- December 24th, 2016, Concert at Belgharia Ramkrishna Mission, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
- December 31st, 2016, Concert at Shri Rama Kala Vedike, 3rd Cross, NavyaNagar, 71, Jakkur Rd, Jakkuru, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
Songlines Music Awards and Concerts [Completed]
- October 2nd, 2016, 7:00pm, Royal Albert Hall and Songlines Presents - Debashish Bhattacharya,
Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom.
Norway Tour - October 2016
- October 12th, 2016, Concert at Nesodden Jazzklubb (Oslo)
- October 13th, 2016, Concert at Tou Scene (Stavanger)
- October 14th, 2016, Concert at Caféteatret (Oslo)
- October 15th, 2016, Concert at Deichmanske Bibliotek (Oslo)
- October 16th, 2016, Concert at Asker Kulturhus (Oslo)
- October 19th, 2016, Concert at Ibsenhuset (Skien)
- October 20th, 2016, Workshop at State Academy of Music (Oslo)
Abu Dhabi Concert [ NYUAD Arts Center ]
- October 24th - 26th, 2016, Master Classes and Workshop at the NYUAD, Abu Dhabi.
- October 27th, 2016, Thursday, 8pm, Performances by Driss El Maloumi & Debashish Bhattacharya at the NYUAD campus East Plaza.
Recent Completed concerts
US Concerts [ July 2016 ] [Completed]
- July 9th and 10th, 2016, Debashish Bhattacharya accompanied by Anandi Bhattacharya and Subhasis Bhattacharjee,
The Montana Folk Festival in Butte MT.
- July 17th, 2016, An Evening Of Classical Indian Slide Guitar, Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya performs live and accompanied
by Subhasis Bhattacharjee on tabla and Anandi Bhattacharya on vocals.
The Fairfax Community Church, 2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd, Fairfax, CA 94930, US.
- July 24th, 2016, 7.30 pm, Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya and Ashwin Batish at Kuumbwa Jazz,
320 Cedar St #2, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
- July 29th - 31st, 2016, Debashish Bhattacharya accompanied by Anandi Bhattacharya and Subhasis Bhattacharjee,
The Lowell MA Folk Festival.
- June 18th, 2016, ( 18.06., g. 22 ), Concert at Castle Courtyard, Zamek culture Centrum, Poland.
- May 15th, 2016, 08:20-10:00 PM, Concert at Festival Nowa Tradycja,
Polish Radio's Studio im. W. Lutoslawskiego, Warsaw, ul. Modzelewskiego 59.
- May 28th Saturday, 2016, 10.15pm - 11.45pm, Concert at Brighton Dome Concert Hall, Brighton, UK.
Winter concert, 2016 (Completed)
- March 20th 2016, Debashish Bhattacharya, accompanied on Tabla by Bobby Singh,
Concert at Lennox Theatre, Parramatta NSW 2150, Australia.
- February 13th, Concert at - World Sacred Music Festival, St. Augustine Ruins, 8:30pm, Bainguinim, Goa, India.
- February 14th, Concert at Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
- January 6th, Evening 6:00 pm - Inauguration of IIGF 2016 at Satyajit Ray Auditorium RTC (ICCR), 9A, HoChi Minh Sarani, Kolkata, India.
- January 8th, Evening 7:00 pm, Concert - Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata
- January 9th, Evening 7:30 pm, featuring Calcutta Chronicles Band, G D Birla Sabhaghar (Birla Mandir), Kolkata, India.
- January 10th, Evening Concert with Pandit Swapan Chowdhury on tabla. G D Birla Sabhaghar (Birla Mandir), Kolkata, India.
- January 12th, Concert - Indo Creole Project Alliançe Française, Chandigarh, India.
- January 14th, Concert - Indo Creole Project Alliançe Française, Chandigarh (Anex), India.
- January 15th, Concert - Indo Creole Project Alliançe Française, AF, Delhi, India.
- January 16th, Concert - Indo Creole Project Alliançe Française, Trivandrum, India.
- January 18th, Concert - Indo Creole Project Alliançe Française, Chennai, India.
- January 23rd, Concert - Banyan Tree Festival, Bangalore, India.
- January 29th, Concert at Jamshedpur, India.
- January 30th, Concert - Banyan Tree Festival, Mumbai, India.
- January 31st, Concert - Banyan Tree Festival, Delhi, India.
USA TOUR [ September - November, 2015 ] [completed]
- September 19th, Concert - Music of Many Colors: Modern India, AramArt Institute, 7:00pm, Dallas, Texas (TX)
- September 23rd - 24th, School Programs, Austin, Texas (TX)
- September 24th, Thursday, 7:30 - 9:30 PM, Thiry Auditorium, Our Lady of the Lake University,
411 S.W. 24th Street, San Antonio, Texas (TX)
- September 27th - October 8th, Residency in Santa Cruz, California (CA),
For workshop/class contact : Debashish Bhattacharya at - email@example.com
- October 2nd, Friday, 8pm, Pacific Cultural Center, Santa Cruz, California (CA)
- October 9th, UNCA workshop.
- October 10th, Streamside Concert Series..
- October 11th, Sunday, Jazz Showcase: Debashish Bhattacharya with Billy Cardine,
Isis Theatre, Asheville, North Carolina (NC).
- October 14th, Wednesday, 7:30 PM, Concert "Global Guitar: Debashish Bhattacharya with Daniel Bachman" at 3S Artspace,
319 Vaughan Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, (NH)
- October 16th - 22nd, East Coast Music Clinic (Workshop), 241 Berkley Ave Belle Mead, New Jersey 08502 (NJ)
For workshop contact : Debashish Bhattacharya at - firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 28th, Wednesday, Concert at Musical Instrument Museum,
4725 East Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, Arizona (AZ)
- October 29th, Thursday, 7:00 PM, Concert at Museum of Making Music,
5790 Armada Drive, Carlsbad (CA)
- November 6th, Friday, 8:00 PM, Concert at Mighty Fine Guitars,
85 Lafayette Cir, Lafayette, California (CA)
- November 7th, Concert at AACM, San Rafael (CA)
- November 8th, Morning Workshop at AACM (CA)
Contact: Debashish Bhattacharya at - email@example.com
Recent Tours and Performances [completed]
- 12th March, 1 pm, Lecture and Demonstration, Rabindra Bharati University, Dum Dum campus, Kolkata, India.
- 28th March, Evening Concert, Ritwik Sadan, Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
- 20th - 22nd May, UK Tour
- 23rd - 25th May, Morocco Tour
Bangkok Tour : [completed]
The Rhythm of the Earth World Festival [ 25 Feb - 1 March, 2015 ]
- 25th Feb - 1st March, 2015, Bangkok, Thailand.
( The Rhythm of the Earth World Festival #9 )
Debashish Bhattacharya along with Subhashis Bhattacharjee and Anandi Bhattacharya performing in the 9th Edition of rhythm of the earth festival 2015.
Australia Tour - 2015 [ 15th - 18th January, 2015 ] [completed] - Press Reviews
- 15th January, 2015, Thursday, City Recital Hall, Sydney (Sydney Festival).
- 16th January, 2015, Friday, Rosny Barn, Tasmania (Mona Foma).
- 17th January, 2015, Saturday, Spring Bay Mill, Tasmania (For Mona Foma).
- 18th January, 2015, Sunday, PW1, Hobart, Tasmania (For Mona Foma).
India Concerts - 2014 [completed]
- November 7th, 2014, Friday, Evening Concert, Chowdhury House music Conferrence,
5/1 Gariahat Road (Near Ballygunge Phadi), Kolkata - 700019.
- November 9th, 2014, Sunday, Evening, Surashree Kesarbai Kerkar Smriti Sangeet Samaroha, Kala Academy, Goa.
2014 Fall Tour: [completed]
- September 18th, Thursday, Evening Concert, APositsia festival, Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- September 20th, Saturday, ICMC Dallas, Texas.
- September 26th - October 2nd, Residency workshops and daily guitar clinic in LA.
4950 Read Road,
Moorpark, CA 93021, USA.
E-mail: Matthew Malley
- October 4th, Saturday, Herrick Chapel, Occidental College, Los Angeles CA.
- October 6th - 7th, Furman, SC University, [ Debashish Bhattacharya with drummer Jeff Sipe and table player Subhasis Bhattacharya ].
- October 8th, Wednesday, Furman University's McAlister Auditorium, 8:00 PM [ Debashish Bhattacharya with drummer Jeff Sipe and table player Subhasis Bhattacharya ].
- October 9th - 12th, Richmond Folk Festival, Richmond VA.
- October 18th, Saturday, LEAF [ Lake Eden Arts Festival ], Black Mt. NC [ Modern India with muralist Molly Rose Freeman ].
- October 24, Friday 2014, St. Peter's Church 619 Lexington Avenue New York, NY.
A Celebration of Indian Classical Music!
October 24, Friday, 2014 including concert and interactive session with the artiste.
- Accompanied by Subhasis Bhattacharjee on Tabla and Pandit Ramesh Misra on Sarangi
Venue: St. Peter's Church 619 Lexington Avenue New York, NY.
Presented by: HarmoNYom
In collaboration with Robert Browning Associates
About the event and Artiste:
An art tradition from South Asia, from the pure traditional Gharanas, to regional folk traditions, to more recent blends and fusions..... Is this innovative project, HarmoNYom will be presenting a new and original series of 4 concerts, celebrating Women and the richness and heritage of Indian Classical music. Anandi Bhattacharya is the youngest and disciple of Vidushi Shubhra Guha.
Anandi aka Sukanya Bhattacharya became a child musical prodigy in a family filled with renowned musicians and singers. Her father, slide guitar maestro Debashish Bhattacharya. She performed extensively with her father first time in USA in the year 2012 at the age fourteen. She has performed in NPR tiny desk concert as well extensively in UK and Australia recently.
- October 25th, Brooklyn Raga Massive concert series, with Subhasis Bhattacharjee on Tabla.
- October 31th, Hogskolen i Nord-Trondelag (HiNT University College) Trondheim noon workshop, Norway.
- November 1st, Evening Concert, Dokkhuset, Trondheim, Norway.
Contact: Tripti Bhattacharya at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour booking by: Herschel Freeman Agency - www.herschelfreemanagency.com
Phone No: +91.33.2484.9131
Mobile Business: +91.98302.04542
Pandit Debashish Bhattacharya & The Calcutta Chronicles [ Band ] in India: [completed]
Australia Tour [ 16th - 25th July, 2014 - completed ]
- 16th July, 2014, Wednesday, 7.30pm, Duration: 90mins, Venue: Fairfax Studio, Arts Centre Melbourne
- 18th July, 2014, Friday, 8.30pm, Venue: Dunstan Playhouse, Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide.
- 19th July, 2014, Saturday, 5pm, Venue: Space Theatre, Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide.
- July 20th - 25th, 2014 , - Indian Music Masterclass, Mittagong, Australia.
Master slide guitarist Debashish Bhattacharya. Percussion & vocals: Subashish & Anandi Bhattacharya.
Contact: Nick at email@example.com
UK Tour - 2014 [completed]
Debashish Bhattacharya presents Calcutta Chronicles in UK presented by Making tracks
- May 7th, Wednesday, Charter Square, Bury St Edmunds.
- May 9th, Friday, Wiltshire Music Centre, Ashley Road, Bradford on Avon.
- May 10th, Saturday, Pontardawe Arts Centre, Herbert Street, Pontardawe.
- May 11th, Sunday, Rich Mix, 35-47 Bethnal Green Road, London E1 6LA.
- May 12th, Monday, Colston Hall (Hall2/The Lantern),Colston Street, Bristol BS1 5AR
- May 13th, Tuesday, Poole Lighthouse, 21 Kingland Road, Poole.
- May 14th, Wednesday, The Stables, Stockwell Lane, Milton Keynes.
- May 15th, Thursday, The Junction, Leisure Park, Cambridge.
- May 16th, Friday, The Sage Gateshead, St Mary's Square, Gateshead Quays, Gateshead.
- May 17th, Saturday, NCEM, St Margaret's Church, Walmgate, York YO1 9TL.
- May 18th, Sunday, mac,Cannon Hill Park, Birmingham B12 9QH.
Contact: Tripti Bhattacharya at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour booking by: Herschel Freeman Agency - www.herschelfreemanagency.com
Phone No: +91.33.2484.9131
Mobile Business: +91.98302.04542
Performances in India - 2014 [completed]
- January 3rd, 2014, Saptak Music Festival, Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
- January 9th, 2014, State Music Academy (Music Festival).
- January 12th, 2014, Madhyamgram, north 24parganas, West Bengal.
- January 19th, 2014, Garia, Srirampur, Kolkata.
- February 1st, 2014, G. D. Birla Sabhagar (Evening show), Kolkata.
International Tours - 2014 [completed]
- March 16th, 2014, HILO (Big Island), Hawaii.
- March 19th, 2014, Honolulu Academy of Arts, Hawaii
- March 21st, 2014, Maui Arts and Cultural Centre, Hawaii
- March 22nd, 2014, Shangri-La, Hawaii
- Date TBA, Kauai Islands, Hawaii.
- Date TBA, Punahou School (Day Concert),Hawaii.
- Date and venue TBA, May, 2014, Europe Tour (Calcutta Chronicles - band).